Earth Day in the U.S. began in 1970 as 20 million Americans, from all walks of life, mobilized to change our environment. Today, Earth Day is celebrated by more than a billion people per year in 192 countries. Keep Bondurant Beautiful, a local event in honor of Earth Day is Bondurant's largest volunteer Earth Day effort.
Interested in volunteering? Contact us today at 515-630-6982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View some more details here: https://www.cityofbondurant.com/home/events/48671
Join the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/266112251586577
Four Categories compete to win a HIGH DOLLAR Brick Street Market & Cafe Gift Card!
- Show us your Team Spirit ... wear a team t-shirt, costumes, or anything to show you've got SPIRIT!
- Earn the Bigg Buttowski for most cigarette butts collected.
- Snap a pic of Best Selfie or show us your unique find for the Finders Keepers recognition.
- Ye Olde Bag recognition can be won by collecting plastic grocery bags.
What to Expect the Day of
- 9:00 AM the Kick-off Bash will begin in Bondurant City Hall’s atrium. Start by dividing into teams. Each member signs-in and fills out a liability waiver.
- 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM the teams will be announced, and the logistics will be shared along with supplies and a printed map.
- Teams divided and Team Captains established to reach Lake Petocka (requires a large group), Chichaqua Valley Trail East of the City Campus, Chichaqua Valley Trail West of the City Campus, The City Campus, The Depot, The Gay Lea Wilson Trail to Gateway Park, Gateway Park, City Park, (add more?). Here is the preliminary map.
- 1:00 PM or sooner all teams meet back at Bondurant City Hall to drop off supplies and sign-out.
HUGE Shout-out to Casey's General Store for sponsoring this event! Casey's General Store recognizes the importance of our environment and taking care of our community.
Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Casey's General Stores, Inc. operates more than 2,000 convenience stores in 16 Midwestern states. Casey's offers self-service gasoline, a wide selection of grocery items and an array of freshly prepared food items. Among the most popular of Casey's prepared foods are their made-from-scratch pizzas, donuts, subs and sandwiches. Casey's operates from two company distribution centers, enabling an approximate delivery of 90% of in-store products as well as 75% of fuel.
The first store opened in 1968 in Boone, Iowa. In the years following, Casey's found success by opening stores in other small towns across Iowa. Approximately 57% of Casey's stores are still found in areas with populations of 5,000 or less. In contrast, roughly 17% of Casey's are now located in areas with populations of 20,000 or more.