The 2021 election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021. Polls will open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. To find your polling place visit the Iowa Secretary of State’s website.
City election candidates:
Mayor (1 to be elected) 2-year term
- Wes Enos
- Doug Elrod
City Council (At Large - 1 to be elected) 4-year term
- Robert L. Peffer
- Matt Sillanpaa
Bondurant-Farrar Community School District (At Large - 2 to be elected) 4-year term
- Grant Pinkley
- Garry G. Lenhart
- Cally Edelen
- Kristin Swift
Find more details on the Bondurant-Farrar School District Website.
Registering to vote is a legal requirement to vote in elections in Iowa. To register, you:
- Must be at least 17 years old. A person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before election day. In the case of primary elections, a person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before the corresponding regular election
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be an Iowa resident
- Cannot be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored by the Governor, including through Executive Order, after a felony conviction)
- Cannot be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
- Cannot claim the right to vote in any other place
The deadline to pre-register to vote is Oct. 18, 2021.
An in-person absentee ballot is held Oct. 13, 2021 - Nov. 1, 2021.
An absentee ballot by mail request deadline is 5:00 PM CST on Monday, Oct. 18.
If voters requested an absentee ballot, it must be received by the Polk County auditor by the time polls close on Nov. 2 at 8 p.m.
The Postal Service has recommended mailing ballots at least a week before the due date, mailing the ballot earlier is better.
The Iowa secretary of state office has a ballot tracker on its website.
For early, in-person satellite voting and absentee ballot drop-off find your County Auditor’s Office hours and address.
Visit the Iowa Secretary of State’s website to determine your voting precinct and polling location.