The Bondurant Regional Trailhead is a centerpiece of the Eastern Polk County trail system and Chichaqua Valley Trail. Established in 2013, the 0.7-acre trailhead park features a 1,440 square foot open-air shelter with restrooms and water bottle fill stations. This shelter is a replica of the original Bondurant train station that served train passengers from 1883 to 1962. The Trailhead sits on the historic Chicago Great Western rail line. The railway operated from 1883 to 2005. The trailhead rail bed right-of-away was purchased by the City of Bondurant from Bondurant Co-Op in 2011 to create a trailhead park to honor Bondurant’s railroad history. Parking is located East of the Depot on Railroad St. Please do NOT park at the Fire Station.