Street Closing Application

The City of Bondurant has the right to deny street closure applications. Closure of all streets requires City Council approval. The City Clerk’s Office will advise you of the date City Council will consider your street closure request – this may affect the date of your block party. Returning the application at least 60 days prior to the requested date(s) is recommended.


1.       All persons living in the immediately affected area to be blocked off shall be notified in advance of the street closing.  A list of signatures and addresses shall accompany this permit.
2.       All street closures require City Council approval.
3.       No beer or liquor shall be consumed on the street. Any kegs and all liquor must be located on private property.
4.       Any music or other noise shall be kept to an acceptable level. All music shall be turned off at 9:00 p.m. Any valid complaint of disturbance of the peace will result in a warning and if it continues, it shall be reason to terminate the block party. The use of fireworks is not allowed per Iowa Code. Persons using fireworks may be criminally charged and the block party may be terminated.
5.      The City of Bondurant Public Works Division, Street Maintenance Crew, shall be notified of the location and time of the block party. Barricades will be placed on the street right-of-way at the intersections of the street closing. The person(s) in charge of the block party will set out the barricades at the intersections just prior to the start of the block party. When the block party has concluded and the street right-of-way is clear of people, materials, and debris, those in charge shall remove the barricades from the street. The removed barricades shall be placed back at the location where they were dropped off. The street shall be opened for vehicular traffic no later than the concluding time listed. The Street Maintenance crew will pick up the barricades the following working day. The person(s) requesting the block party is/are responsible and will be billed for all damaged or lost barricades. The fee for damaged or lost barricades may be up to $300.00 each.
6.      Street closure applications should be turned in to the City at least 60 days prior to the requested street closure dates.
7.      Return completed application to the City Hall, 200 Second St. Northeast, M-F 8-5, Questions, contact the City Hall at 967-2418.

Click here for the Street Closing Application