Peddler, Solicitor, Transient Merchant, Mobile Food Unit permit
To apply for a PEDDLERS, SOLICITORS AND TRANSIENT MERCHANTS permit please read Chapter 122 of the Bondurant Municipal Code. You may find the application here.
Interested in a Mobile Food Unit Permit? Call City Hall at 515-967-2418 to review guidelines.
Below is the Iowa Code 2014
9C.3 Application for license.
Any transient merchant as defined herein, desiring a transient merchant’s license shall at least ten days prior to the first day any sale is made, file with the secretary of state of the state of Iowa an application in writing duly verified by the person, firm, corporation, partnership or association proposing to sell or offer to sell at retail any goods, wares or merchandise, or to engage in or conduct a temporary or intermittent business for the sale at retail of any goods, wares or merchandise, which application shall state the following facts:
1. The name, residence and post office address of the person, firm, corporation, partnership or association making the application, and if a corporation, the names and addresses of the officers thereof, and if a firm, partnership or association and not a corporation, the names and addresses of all members thereof.
2. If the application be made by an agent, bailee, consignee or employee, the application shall so state and set out the name and address of such agent, bailee, consignee or employee and shall also set out the name and address of the owner of the goods, wares and merchandise to be sold or offered for sale.
3. The application shall state whether or not the applicant has an Iowa retailers sales tax permit and if the applicant has such permit, shall state the number of such permit.
4. If the applicant be a corporation, the application shall state whether or not the applicant is an Iowa corporation or a foreign corporation, and if a foreign corporation, shall state whether or not such corporation is authorized to do business in Iowa.
5. The value of the goods to be sold or offered for sale or the average inventory to be carried by any such transient merchant engaging in or conducting an intermittent or temporary business as the case may be.
6. The date or dates upon which said goods, wares or merchandise shall be sold or offered for sale, or the date or dates upon which it is the intention of the applicant to engage in or conduct a temporary or intermittent business.
7. The location and address where such goods, wares or merchandise shall be sold or offered for sale, or such business engaged in or conducted.
[C58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §81A.3]