Man’s best friend is barking up some controversy in Bondurant.
The ordinance states: “It is unlawful for the owner of a dog to allow or permit such dog to cause serious annoyance or disturbance to any person or persons by frequent and habitual howling, yelping, barking, or otherwise; or, by running after or chasing persons, bicycles, automobiles or other vehicles.”
Have you become desperate to figure out how to get a dog to stop barking?
It’s in a dog’s nature to bark.
They enjoy barking, and they bark for many reasons.
Generally, there are eight reasons why dogs bark:
- Territorial or defensive barking
- Excitement, or happiness at seeing you
- Play and exercise
- To get your attention or to signal you (i.e. “I have to go potty!”)
- Aggravation over not being able to attain something (such as your pork chop).
- Social barking in response to other dogs
- Separation anxiety and trepidation
- Compulsive behavior