Based upon the latest information and updates from state and local officials about the spread of the COVID-19 virus, a decision has been made to close the Bondurant Community Library effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Currently, this is in the best interest of public safety.
Library administration will reassess the situation on Sunday, March 22, 2020 and make a decision regarding closure for next week.
Please look for further announcements.
During this time, the library will offer curb-side pick-up. Place a reservation online HERE. Log in with a library card, search for the item, and then place a hold. When notification is received an item is ready for pick up; come to the library and either call or text the Bondurant Community Library (numbers will be provided at curbside). Staff will bring it to the car! Also reserve by calling 515-967-4790 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those patrons within Bondurant City limits, the library will continue with homebound delivery service. Please call the library to reserve items and request homebound delivery. Refer to the entire Homebound Delivery policy HERE.
Remember the library has an outside book drop so patrons can continue to return items as normal. According to guidelines put forth by the CDC and the American Library Association, the library staff is taking extra steps to clean and disinfect all materials as items are returned.
As always, please call or email the library with any questions or concerns.
Please read about what the Bondurant Community Library is doing to help stop the spread of the virus.
With the COVID-19 virus officially classified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization, the State Library of Iowa has given recommendations to the public libraries in Iowa to help slow the spread of the virus. We want to keep our staff, patrons, and community as healthy as possible. The administration at the State Library of Iowa as well as at the City of Bondurant will continue to monitor the situation and help guide us in future decisions.
Here is what we are doing at the Bondurant Community Library:
- Cancelling ALL programming held at the library for the week of March 16.As the situation develops and changes, future cancellations may happen.Call the library before you come if you have any question.Any further cancellations will be communicated as soon as possible.
- Removing all toys, LEGOS, puppets, and other interactive children’s materials from use by our patrons.
- Increasing the level and frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the library and public items inside the building.
- Continuing to provide hand sanitizer for patron use at the front desk.
At this time, the Bondurant Community Library will remain open during all regular hours. We will make further announcements as necessary.
This is a perfect opportunity to highlight a few of the Library’s services and features:
- Remember—the library has an outside book drop for returning items.You do not have to come into the library if you don’t feel comfortable being in public spaces
- Remember—you can renew many items online.(Not all items are renewable.)
- Remember—the library offers many online resources including e-books, audiobooks, magazines, music, and TV shows.The library also offers many online children’s resources as well as language learning and research databases. You can access these resources right from your home with an internet connection and your library card.(These services are available to Bondurant residents and rural Polk County residents only.All others must access these services through their home library.)
- Remember—the library offers homebound delivery to patrons in the city limits of Bondurant.Of course, this is dependent upon staff availability.Please call if you would like more information about homebound delivery.
- Bondurant Community Library website
- Bondurant Community Library Facebook page
Not only during this time, but at all other times of the year, we ask our patrons to refrain from visiting the library if they are ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill.
The Bondurant Community Library strives to provide accurate and reliable information to our patrons and community. Here are a few resources to help you keep informed of this very fluid situation:
- Official CDC Coronavirus Website
- Iowa Department of Health Coronavirus Website
- Polk County Health Department
- World Health Organization
As always, please call the Library if you have any question. 515-967-4790